Welcome to SpeechMore
SpeechMore is a secure, privacy respecting and pro-freedom of speech social network.
It is currently in development. You can follow it here.
What is SpeechMore?
SpeechMore is a social network in very early development that focuses on:
- Privacy. You are in control of all data you send to SpeechMore, and you don't have to send anything to us. We don't track you and we don't allow others to track you.
- Security. We will provide tools like two factor authentication and digital signing and make will them as easy as possible for you to use.
- Freedom. You can use our service for anything legal. We do not restrict posts based on their author or message. We're also working on federation, so you are free to leave us if you want to.
We will never show advertisements. We can't, as this goes against the first two points - most advertisers make money by collecting your data and using it to target advertisements to you, and allowing third-party scripts on our site makes it less secure. We refuse to accept either of those.
We also do not charge for access to our site. This also goes against the first point - accepting payments means we need to collect some data about you. We don't need or want that. This would also prevent some people from using SpeechMore.
Instead, we will rely on donations to fund the site.
Who is behind SpeechMore?
We accept donations through Bitcoin (
and Stellar (
- We require your IP address to allow you to access the site. That's just how the internet works. Your IP address is not logged anywhere by default, but you can ask us to log the IP addresses used to login to your account.
- If you want to create an account, you must provide a username, name and password.
- Your password is hashed using an algorithm called bcrypt, meaning no one can read it, and is only used for authentication. When you log in, we'll check if it appears on Pwned Passwords. Have I Been Pwned cannot see your password.
- Your username cannot be changed.
- Your username and name are public. They do not need to identify you.
- You can also provide an email address. This is optional, but if you don't provide an email address, you won't be able to reset your password.
- SpeechMore is a federated platform. This means that some of the content on this sites comes from other platforms, such as Mastodon, and that content on this site can appear on other platforms.
- Only public data is federated. Currently all posts are public. We will introduce an access control system soon.
- Anyone who has access to the database of any platform your content has federated to can see it, even if it is supposed to be private. (This doesn't matter at the moment as it is not currently possible to select specific permissions on content.)
- Deleting data will only remove it from this site. We cannot guarentee that other platforms that have previously retrived a copy of your data will delete it.
- You may post personal information on the site, however we will never ask for your personal information.
- We do not share any data you upload to the site (unless required to by law enforcement agencies, which we will try to provide with as least data as possible). Any information you make public can of course be accessed by others including bots.
- Data you upload to the site is proxied through Cloudflare to servers operated by Hostinger UK and Harry Carrigan. In the future we may host the site using other services.
- This site is not intended for children (usually defined as anyone under the age of 13 for this purpose), but as we do not collect this information we cannot verify all our users are at or over the age of 13.